Chuck Norris is an American martial artist, actor, film producer and screenwriter. After serving in the United States Air Force, he competed as a martial artist who won many championships, and has since founded his own school of fighting, Chun Kuk Do. He joined the United States Air Force as an Air Policeman (AP) in 1958 and was sent to Osan Air Base, South Korea. It was there that Norris acquired the nickname Chuck and began his training in Tang Soo Do (tangsudo), an interest that led to black belts in that art and the founding of the Chun Kuk Do (“Universal Way”) form. When he returned to the United States, he continued to serve as an AP at March Air Force Base in California. Norris was discharged from the U.S. Air Force in August 1962. Here are 10 awesome Chuck Norris movies in no particular order…
10. An Eye For An Eye – Undercover San Francisco narcotics cops Sean Kane (Norris) and Dave Pierce (Terry Kiser) head into a dark alley to meet up with an informant named Tony Montoya (Mel Novak), who promises to break their big investigation wide open, by providing the name of the oriental drug ringleader. Minutes later Pierce is dead, after having been shot, hit by a car, and burned. Kane gets into trouble with his boss, Captain Stevens (Richard Roundtree), for sending one of the killers flying out a third-story window to his death in view of the public. Rather than face discipline, and told to keep his distance by his superiors, Kane decides to quit the force, and sets out to exact vengeance.
9. The Hitman – Police officer Cliff Garret (Chuck Norris), wounded in the line of duty, is on the edge of death. The Drug Enforcement Administration decides to use his perilous condition to their advantage — publicizing Garret’s death and, when he recovers, using the officer for an all-important undercover mission. Recast as hit man Danny Grogan, Garret is charged with bringing down Seattle kingpin Marco Luganni (Al Waxman). But Garret’s life is put in danger when he runs into a face from the past.
8. Invasion U.S.A. – Retired CIA agent Matt Hunter (Chuck Norris) is forced back into the business when a villain from his past re-emerges. Soviet Mikhail Rostov (Richard Lynch), a terrorist whom Matt once caught, wants to exact revenge. After failing to find Matt at his Everglades home, Rostov and his army of Communist guerrillas begin carrying out terrorist acts all over southern Florida. Millions of innocent lives are at risk, and it’s up to Matt, the National Guard and the FBI to save them.
7. Code Of Silence – In Chicago, honor-driven Sgt. Eddie Cusack (Chuck Norris) and his team stake out a drug exchange involving notorious drug czar Luis Comacho (Henry Silva). Cusack is caught off guard, however, when rival Mafia kingpin Tony Luna (Mike Genovese) and his disguised crew show up, unleash a torrent of gunfire on Comacho’s crew and make off with both cash and cocaine. Now Cusack must fight both gangs — and corruption in his own department — in order to stop the drug war.
6. The Delta Force – Five years after Maj. Scott McCoy (Chuck Norris) resigned from the U.S. Delta Force due to bureaucracy issues, he returns with Col. Alexander (Lee Marvin) to take down Lebanese terrorists who have hijacked a Boeing 707. Terrorist leader Abdul Rifi (Robert Forster) takes the crew and passengers hostage as he reroutes the plane to Beirut. When McCoy and Alexander attempt to save the hostages once the plane lands, they are forced to battle a terrorist group that’s larger than expected.
5. Hero And The Terror – A Los Angeles policeman (Chuck Norris) searches an old theater for an escaped killer hulk called the Terror (Jack O’Halloran)
4. The Cutter – is a American action film directed by William Tannen, and starring Chuck Norris ( In his last leading role), Joanna Pacuła, Daniel Bernhardt, Bernie Kopell and Marshall R. Teague. After a deadly kidnapping rescue gone wrong, a guilt ridden detective recruits his specialized SWAT team to successfully rescue an aged diamond cutter from the hands of a murderous thief.
3. Forced Vengeance – When the owner and proprietor of the Lucky Dragon casino in Hong Kong refuses to let mobsters take over his business he and his family are hit. Dragon’s chief of security, Josh Randall (Chuck Norris) goes looking for the head of the syndicate to exact revenge for the murder of his employer, friend and mentor.
2. Silent Rage – Dan Stevens is the sheriff of a small Texas town who checks out a disturbance which turns to murder. The killer is still in the house and he tries to kill Dan, but Dan stops him and arrests him. The killer attempts to flee, but is shot and killed and is taken to a medical institute. Three doctors, led by Dr. Philip Spires, operate on the killer and using a formula the doctors made, they bring him back to life. If that’s not bad enough, the formula also made the killer indestructible. Dr. Tom Halman tries to stop the killer, but he and his wife are killed. After the two remaining doctors are killed, the killer goes after Dr. Halman’s sister Alison, and it’s up to Sheriff Dan Stevens to stop him.
1. Lone Wolf McQuade – Texas ranger J.J. McQuade (Chuck Norris) likes to work by himself, until a Latino state trooper, Kayo Ramos (Robert Beltran), needs his help to find out who hijacked a U.S. Army convoy and hurt Ramos’ daughter. With the help of FBI agent Jackson (Leon Isaac Kennedy), the team tracks down drug trafficker and arms dealer Rawley Wilkes (David Carradine). After Wilkes kills a federal agent, McQuade battles the criminal using all of his skills and training, including guns and martial arts