Dolph Lundgren is a swedish actor, producer, director and martial artist. He is a 3rd dan black belt in Kyokushin karate and was European champion in 1980-81. His breakthrough role was as the giant russian Ivan Drago in Rocky IV. He went on to portray HE-MAN in the 1987 movie HE-MAN & The Masters of The Universe & the on to play Frank Castle in the 1989 movie The Punisher. Lundgren remains active to this day, he mainly stars in action B movies and also making appearances in Tv Shows and big budget movies. Heres 10 action packed movies for you guys to check out. in no particular order..
10. The Punisher – He is the cities most wanted, and most mysterious, vigilante. He has killed 125 people in the last 5 years. He is the Punisher, a one man weapon against crime. In reality the Punisher is Frank Castle, an ex-cop who’s family was murdered by mobsters. Now legally declared dead, he strikes back from beyond the grave, killing mobsters wherever he can find them. As a result of this, the mobsters families have weakened, forcing Gianni Franco, one of the leaders of one of the families, to come in and take control of the families. Franco has a plan to bring the families together as one unit. However, this has attracted the attention of the Yakuza, Asia’s most powerful crime syndicate, who decide to take over the families and all their interests. In order to sway the mobsters to their cause, they kidnap their children. Now the Punisher must fight to save the lives of the children of the people he has fought against for five years,while at the same time fighting alongside the man who killed his family.
9. Showdown In Little Tokyo – For 400 years, Japan has been home to a secret criminal organization dedicated to its own supremacy in the underworld. Ruled by an ancient, arcane code of honor, the deadly Yakuza have been among the most feared members of society. Even today, they are immediately recognizable by the stunningly ornate tattoos that cover their bodies, telling the terrifying story of their stature and career in a dark order that knows no mercy. Now the Yakuza are coming to Los Angeles. But in America, they’re going to meet their match. Two cops are on their trail. One’s an American raised in Japan. He’s got the mind and spirit of a samurai, and the body of a human fighting machine. The other’s a Japanese-American raised in California’s San Fernando Valley. He’s into malls, pizza and MTV. But he can disarm five gunmen with his bare feet. One’s a warrior. One’s a wise-ass. But together they’ve got what it takes to remove some tattoos from Little Tokyo. “Showdown in Little Tokyo” stars action favorite Dolph Lundgren as Chris Kenner, a man fighting for his adopted heritage and his family’s honor; and Brandon Lee, in his first American film role, as Johnny Murata, a guy whose idea of a good time includes knowing where–and how–to get his kicks. Opposites in attitude, once they get on the streets, they’re a perfect odd couple. And what they have in common is their enemy–the Yakuza who are bringing a lethal new drug trade to Los Angeles, coupled with a macabre taste for violence and cruelty.
8. Dark Angel – Jack Caine (Dolph Lundgren) is a Houston vice cop who’s forgotten the rule book. His self-appointed mission is to stop the drugs trade and the number one supplier Victor Manning. Whilst involved in an undercover operation to entrap Victor Manning, his partner gets killed, and a sinister newcomer enters the scene… Along with F.B.I. agent Lawrence Smith, the two investigate a spate of mysterious deaths; normal non-junkies dying of massive heroin overdoses and bearing the same horrific puncture marks on the forehead. This, coupled with Caine’s own evidence, indicates an alien force is present on the streets of Houston, killing and gathering stocks of a rare drug found only in the brain… Caine is used to fighting the toughest of criminals, but up to now they’ve all been human…
7. The Killing Machine – There were those who called him Icarus. Everyone else knew him as a divorced father working for an investment company. But they didn’t know his other side-his dark side. Because Icarus was at his best when he was killing people. For years, he’d worked as a sleeper agent in America-but when the Soviet Empire collapsed, he found himself in a foreign country with no one to trust. Determined to break from his dark past, he started over with a new identity. But you can only escape your past for so long. When a sudden mishap in Hong Kong blows Icarus’ identity, past and present collide – and the assassin realizes he is now the target. The people that want him dead will stop at nothing to get to him. And that means going after what he cares about most-his wife and daughter. Fighting for his life, Icarus is forced to face the demons of his past to protect the loved ones in his present. He must fight to save the only thing he’s ever done right in his life. He needs to uncover who is after him and protect his family – before it’s too late.
6. The Mechanik – Dolph Lundgren (Rocky IV, Universal Soldier) stars as Nick Cherenko, a retired Russian Special Forces hitman in this fast-paced, action packed film. When his wife and young son are killed by a group of Russian mobsters, Cherenko leaves the country and starts a new life in the U.S. as a mechanic. He leads a rather peaceful life until, one day, a elderly Russian woman appears and offers Cherenko a large sum of money to rescue her kidnapped daughter. Initially reluctant to take on the job, Cherenko changes his mind when he discovers the identity of the kidnappers – the men who killed his wife and son.
5. Missionary Man – When Ryder, a mysterious stranger with a score to settle, rolls into a small town unannounced, life forever changes for its citizens caught under the oppressive thumb of a local tyrant. Armed with his Bible, his motorcycle and his thirst for revenge. Ryder faces down the evil dictator in true vigilante style, proving that justice still packs a punch.
4. The Peacekeeper – When a terrorist group steals the US President’s personal communications computer for launching the US arsenal in case of war, only a heroic Major has the key to prevent a Presidential assassination or a nuclear holocaust.
3. Sweepers – It stars Dolph Lundgren as Christian Erickson, a leading demolition expert trained to disarm mine fields in a humanitarian minesweeping operation in Angola. In the events his son is killed and he discovers that mines are being planted during the war to kill people in the area.
2. Red Scorpion – Nikolai (Dolph Lundgren) is a Spetsnaz-a Soviet agent par excellence trained in deep undercover work. Assigned to infiltrate and squelch a rebel African uprising, Nikolai unexpectedly finds himself drawn to the guerillas’ cause, a betrayal that enrages his Russian superiors, who order his immediate termination. Making his escape through the harsh desert in the company of an adversarial American journalist (M. Emmet Walsh), Nikolai allies himself with a tribe of rebel bushmen, his fierceness in combat earning him the nickname “Red Scorpion.” Nikolai’s new-found independance climaxes in his leadership of the rebels against his former comrades, storming their headquarters in a lethal, no-quarter showdown.
1. Command Performance – A Moscow charity concert turns bloody when armed extortionists take the head liner American pop-star Venus and the Russian President with his family hostage. Help is on the way when the drummer of a heavy metal warm-up band, an ex-bad ass biker played by Lundgren, and a young Russian F.S.B. agent team up to fight back. But our two heroes are seriously outnumbered and things aren’t as simple as they appear when old ghosts from the Soviet Union appear to haunt the present in this fast paced action piece.